(VIANEWS) – CBOE (VIX) is currently on bullish momentum. At 05:08 EST on Friday, 17 September, CBOE (VIX) is at 18.53, 1.93% up since the last session’s close.
Regarding CBOE’s daily highs and lows, it’s 4.99% up from its trailing 24 hours low of $17.65 and 6.22% down from its trailing 24 hours high of $19.76.
About CBOE’s yearly highs and lows, it’s 31.42% up from its 52-week low and 54.98% down from its 52-week high.
CBOE’s last week, last month’s, and last quarter’s current volatility was 9.45%, 0.80%, and 6.07%, respectively.
CBOE’s current volatility rank, which measures how volatile a financial asset is (variation between the lowest and highest value in a period), was 9.45% (last week), 7.06% (last month), and 6.07% (last quarter), respectively.
News about S&P 500
- According to CNBC on Tuesday, 14 September, "U.S. stock index futures were little changed during early morning trading on Tuesday, after the S&P 500 finished Monday in positive territory, snapping a five-day losing streak.", "We continue to think the S&P 500 will experience a bout of volatility/meaningful pullback before the year is up, a call that we’ve been making for the past several months due to elevated equity market sentiment and positioning," the firm wrote in a note to clients."
- According to Bloomberg Quint on Tuesday, 14 September, "The rebound in Japanese equities comes after a prolonged underperformance vs. the S&P 500 and other major indices since Q2.", "That compares with a 19% gain for the S&P 500 Index and 17% advance for the STOXX Europe 600 Index."
- According to Business Insider on Tuesday, 14 September, "The Dow climbed 0.8 percent and the S&P 500 edged up 0.2 percent to snap five-session losing streaks, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite index slid marginally to extend losses for the fourth straight session."
- According to MarketWatch on Tuesday, 14 September, "Sportradar Group AG is set to go public Tuesday, after the has gained 5.9% over the past three months while the S&P 500 has tacked on 5.0%."
- According to Bloomberg Quint on Tuesday, 14 September, "Sundial looked at what happened before when the S&P 500 was within 1% of a record and the Cboe Volatility Index’s divergence from S&P 500 30-day realized volatility was in the upper 75% of its range."
More news about CBOE (VIX).