(VIANEWS) – CBOE (VIX) is currently on bearish momentum. At 04:08 EST on Wednesday, 20 October, CBOE (VIX) is at 15.81, 3.07% down since the last session’s close.
About CBOE’s daily highs and lows, it’s 1.54% up from its trailing 24 hours low of $15.57 and 3.07% down from its trailing 24 hours high of $16.31.
Concerning CBOE’s yearly highs and lows, it’s 12.13% up from its 52-week low and 61.59% down from its 52-week high.
CBOE’s last week, last month’s, and last quarter’s current volatility was a negative 5.32%, a positive 5.24%, and a positive 9.03%, respectively.
CBOE’s current volatility rank, which measures how volatile a financial asset is (variation between the lowest and highest value in a period), was 5.32% (last week), 11.84% (last month), and 9.03% (last quarter), respectively.
Index Price Classification
According to the stochastic oscillator, a useful indicator of overbought and oversold conditions, CBOE’s is considered to be overbought (>=80).
News about S&P 500
- According to DailyForex on Monday, 18 October, "The S&P 500 broke to the upside on Friday to clear the highs of the Thursday session. ", "Now that we are in earnings season, there will be a lot of catalysts potentially coming into the market to allow the S&P 500 to continue rallying. "
- According to CNBC on Sunday, 17 October, "Taking into account the companies that have already reported and estimates for the rest, third-quarter profit growth will total 30%, the third highest quarterly growth rate for S&P 500 companies since 2010, according to FactSet.", "The S&P 500 rose 1.82% last week for its best week since July, while the Nasdaq Composite saw its best week since the end of August, with the tech-heavy index adding 2.18%."
- According to Bloomberg Quint on Sunday, 17 October, "U.S. contracts edged up as stocks advanced on Friday, with the S&P 500 chalking its best week since July as earnings buoyed sentiment."
- According to Business Insider on Sunday, 17 October, "That outpaced the S&P 500 index, which delivered returns of 13.6% during the same timeframe."
- According to Business Insider on Monday, 18 October, "The Dow climbed 1.1 percent and the S&P 500 edged up 0.8 percent to reach new one-month closing highs while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite gained half a percent."
More news about CBOE (VIX).