(VIANEWS) – EUR/JPY (EURJPY) is currently on bearish momentum. At 15:10 EST on Sunday, 31 July, EUR/JPY (EURJPY) is at 136.1790, 0.5368% down since the last session’s close.
EUR/JPY (EURJPY) Range
About EUR/JPY’s daily highs and lows, it’s 0.476% down from its trailing 24 hours low of $136.83 and 0.739% down from its trailing 24 hours high of $137.19.
EUR/JPY’s yearly highs and lows, it’s 9.461% up from its 52-week low and 5.575% down from its 52-week high.
EUR/JPY’s last week, last month’s, and last quarter’s current intraday variation average was a negative 0.40%, a negative 0.20%, and a positive 0.61%, respectively.
EUR/JPY’s highest amplitude of average volatility was 0.67% (last week), 0.60% (last month), and 0.61% (last quarter), respectively.
Forex Price Classification
According to the stochastic oscillator, a useful indicator of overbought and oversold conditions, EUR/JPY’s Forex is considered to be overbought (>=80).
Last news about EUR/JPY (EURJPY)
- Eur/jpy price analysis: struggles around solid resistance at 139.50, retraces towards 139.00. According to FXStreet on Thursday, 28 July, "On Wednesday, EUR/JPY climbed towards the intersection of the 20 and 50-day EMAs as the US Fed hiked rates by 75 bps, aligned to market expectations. ", "Wednesday’s jump faced solid resistance around the 20-day EMA at 139.34, though the EUR/JPY hit a daily high at 139.50, retraced below the former, so EUR/JPY sellers remain in charge. "
- Eur/jpy price analysis: bears running out of steam around 138.30. According to FXStreet on Thursday, 28 July, "It’s worth noting that the EUR/JPY upside past 140.00 could direct the bulls towards the previous weekly peak near 142.35. ", "In a case where EUR/JPY prices remain weak past 136.85, a gradual south-run towards May’s low near 132.65 can’t be ruled out."
- Eur/jpy price analysis: plummets to fresh two-month lows, beneath the 100-day EMA. According to FXStreet on Thursday, 28 July, "EUR/JPY traders should be aware that the pair might print a leg-up towards the confluence of the daily pivot and the 50% Fibonacci retracement around the 137.45-55 area before resuming downwards towards the EUR/JPY sellers’ target at 135.30.", "The EUR/JPY hourly chart depicts sellers losing steam, as the Relative Strength Index (RSI) is in oversold conditions. "
- Eur/jpy rebounds from 136.00, downside looks likely on weak estimates for eurozone GDP. According to FXStreet on Friday, 29 July, "The EUR/JPY pair has picked bids around 136.00 and a modest rebound has been displayed. "
News about USD/JPY
- Usd/jpy pares intraday losses to multi-week low amid modest USD recovery ahead of US PCE. According to FXStreet on Friday, 29 July, "Apart from this, the broader market risk sentiment could produce short-term trading opportunities around the USD/JPY Pair.", "The USD/JPY pair stalls its intraday decline near mid-132.00s and quickly recovers over 90 pips from a six-week low touched earlier this Friday. "
- Usd/jpy price analysis: rebounds swiftly from multi-week low, hovers around 50-dma. According to FXStreet on Friday, 29 July, "This further makes it prudent to wait for some follow-through buying before confirming that the USD/JPY pair has formed a bottom and the corrective fall from a 24-year peak has run its course.", "Some follow-through selling would mark a fresh bearish breakdown through the aforementioned ascending trend-line support and pave the way for a further near-term depreciating move for the USD/JPY pair."
- Usd/jpy bounces off six-week low above 134.00 on mixed Japan data, US PCE inflation eyed. According to FXStreet on Friday, 29 July, "Although late June’s low around 134.20 restricts the immediate downside of the USD/JPY prices, recovery remains elusive until the quote stays below the previous support line from March, around 135.75 by the press time.", "A corrective pullback in the US Treasury yields, after refreshing the multi-day low, joins the mixed catalysts from Japan to trigger the USD/JPY pair’s rebound of late."
- According to FXStreet on Thursday, 28 July, "USD/CHF plunged to 0.944, while USD/JPY bottomed at 134.19, both trading nearby. "
More news about EUR/JPY (EURJPY).