(VIANEWS) – GBP/EUR (GBPEUR) is currently on bearish momentum. At 08:06 EST on Friday, 21 January, GBP/EUR (GBPEUR) is at 1.1957, 0.5117% down since the last session’s close.
GBP/EUR (GBPEUR) Range
Concerning GBP/EUR’s daily highs and lows, it’s 0.267% down from its trailing 24 hours low of $1.20 and 0.681% down from its trailing 24 hours high of $1.20.
GBP/EUR’s yearly highs and lows, it’s 6.645% up from its 52-week low and 0.681% down from its 52-week high.
GBP/EUR’s last week, last month’s, and last quarter’s current intraday variation average was 0.06%, 0.12%, and 0.26%, respectively.
GBP/EUR’s highest amplitude of average volatility was 0.18% (last week), 0.20% (last month), and 0.26% (last quarter), respectively.
Forex Price Classification
According to the stochastic oscillator, a useful indicator of overbought and oversold conditions, GBP/EUR’s Forex is considered to be oversold (<=20).
News about USD/JPY
- Usd/jpy edges higher around no change boj following a shallow correction. According to FXStreet on Tuesday, 18 January, "Meanwhile, USD/JPY trades around 114.70 and has climbed from a low of 114.44 to reach a 114.73 high so far."
- Usd/jpy sticks to intraday gains post-boj’s kuroda, remains below 115.00 mark. According to FXStreet on Tuesday, 18 January, "The USD/JPY pair maintained its bid tone heading into the European session, albeit has retreated a few pips from the daily high and was last seen trading just below the 115.00 mark.", "A further widening of the US-Japanese government bond yield differential was seen as a key factor that acted as a tailwind for the USD/JPY pair."
- Usd/jpy snaps two-day uptrend around 114.50 despite firmer yields, BOJ eyed. According to FXStreet on Tuesday, 18 January, "It’s worth noting that the mixed concerns over the South African covid variant, namely Omicron, also increase the market’s fear and weigh on the USD/JPY prices. ", "Failures to cross October 2021 peak and previous support line from late September, surrounding 114.70, join the bearish MACD signals to direct USD/JPY prices towards the latest swing low near 113.50."
- Usd/jpy to edge higher towards 116.00 as boj stands pat – ING. According to FXStreet on Tuesday, 18 January, "The yen came under pressure, with USD/JPY extending yesterday’s gains to push the 115.00 level as the Bank of Japan meeting was largely disappointed. "
- Risk sentiment sours, usd/jpy runs to 115 (114.99 bid), russia-Ukraine crisis moved a step closer to war. According to FXStreet on Tuesday, 18 January, "In Asia, equities are off sharply in recent trade as risk appetite sours and the US dollar rallies sending USD/JPY towards the 115 target:"
More news about GBP/EUR (GBPEUR).