(VIANEWS) – GBP/EUR (GBPEUR) has been up by 1.02% for the last 5 sessions. At 01:08 EST on Tuesday, 24 January, GBP/EUR (GBPEUR) is $1.14.
GBP/EUR’s yearly highs and lows, it’s 5.299% up from its 52-week low and 6.58% down from its 52-week high.
GBP/EUR’s last week, last month’s, and last quarter’s current intraday variation average was a positive 0.41%, a negative 0.02%, and a positive 0.36%, respectively.
GBP/EUR’s highest amplitude of average volatility was 0.51% (last week), 0.30% (last month), and 0.36% (last quarter), respectively.
- Eur/usd bulls keep 1.0900 on radar amid hawkish ECB talks, US GDP eyed. According to FXStreet on Sunday, 22 January, "Additionally, the recently upbeat comments from the European authorities, expecting softer economic contraction than initially feared, also underpin the EUR/USD upside. ", "Although overbought RSI and the 1.0900 hurdle challenged EUR/USD bulls of late, a five-week-old resistance-turned-support line, near 1.0780, restricts the bear’s entry."
- Eur/usd price analysis: further upside needs validation from 1.0920. According to FXStreet on Monday, 23 January, "On the same line, a six-day-old upward-sloping trend line resistance, around the 1.0900 round figure also probes the EUR/USD bulls. ", "Overall, EUR/USD buyers are likely to remain in the driver’s seat even if the upside room appears limited."
- Eur/usd grinds below 1.0900 around nine-month high ahead of eurozone/us pmis. According to FXStreet on Monday, 23 January, "It should be noted that an absence of Chinese players due to the Lunar New Year Holidays and receding fears of the strong recession in 2023 also seemed to have improved the market’s mood and favored the EUR/USD bulls.", "Moving on, the EUR/USD buyers are likely to keep the reins amid cautious optimism and hawkish ECB commentary. "
- According to FXStreet on Monday, 23 January, "At the time of writing, EUR/USD is moving up on Lagard’s comments and has rallied from a low of 1.0845 to a high of 1.0926 so far."
- Breaking: eur/usd tops 1.0900 for first time since last April. According to FXStreet on Monday, 23 January, "The Euro is keeping the upper hand against the US Dollar at the start of the week on Monday, as EUR/USD is rising above the 1.0900 level for the first time since April 2022. ", "The hawkish ECB expectations combined with increased bets of a slow down in the US Federal Reserve’s (Fed) tightening pace is helping narrow the monetary policy divergence between both central banks, in turn, aiding the upside in the EUR/USD pair."
More news about GBP/EUR (GBPEUR).