(VIANEWS) – HANG SENG INDEX (HSI) is currently on bearish momentum. At 03:08 EST on Tuesday, 12 October, HANG SENG INDEX (HSI) is at 24,922.57, 1.59% down since the last session’s close.
HANG SENG INDEX Range
Regarding HANG SENG INDEX’s daily highs and lows, it’s 0.95% down from its trailing 24 hours low of $25,161.80 and 2.02% down from its trailing 24 hours high of $25,437.20.
Regarding HANG SENG INDEX’s yearly highs and lows, it’s 5.24% up from its 52-week low and 20.08% down from its 52-week high.
HANG SENG INDEX’s last week, last month’s, and last quarter’s current volatility was a positive 0.82%, a negative 1.30%, and a positive 1.43%, respectively.
HANG SENG INDEX’s current volatility rank, which measures how volatile a financial asset is (variation between the lowest and highest value in a period), was 1.20% (last week), 2.02% (last month), and 1.43% (last quarter), respectively.
Index Price Classification
According to the stochastic oscillator, a useful indicator of overbought and oversold conditions, HANG SENG INDEX’s is considered to be oversold (<=20).
News about S&P 500
- According to The Wall Street Journal on Sunday, 10 October, "Analysts expect banks in the S&P 500 to report aggregate profits of about $31 billion, up about 20% from a year ago but down 20% from the second quarter, according to FactSet. "
- According to Bloomberg Quint on Sunday, 10 October, "U.S. contracts dipped after the S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 declined Friday in the wake of U.S. jobs growth data that fell significantly short of expectations while also showing a jump in earnings."
- According to The Wall Street Journal on Sunday, 10 October, "What companies reveal about the impact of any supply-chain problems, labor shortages and the continuing pandemic could determine the tone of trading, following a month of ups and downs that have pushed the S&P 500 down 3.2% from its September record. "
- According to Business Insider on Monday, 11 October, "The Dow eased 8.65 points or 0.02 percent to finish at 34.746.25, while the NASDAQ sank 74.46 points or 0.51 percent to close at 14.579.54 and the S&P 500 fell 8.42 points or 0.19 percent to end at 4,391.34. "
- According to Business Insider on Sunday, 10 October, "QRFT has delivered year-to-date returns of 10.3%, compared to the SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust that has returned 17.1% so far this year.", "What Happened: The exchange-traded fund, which is driven by artificial intelligence, has removed social media giant Facebook from its top 10 holdings even as the social media giant continues to be in SDPR S&P 500 ETF Trust’s (NYSE:SPY) top 10 holdings."
More news about HANG SENG INDEX (HSI).