(VIANEWS) – HANG SENG INDEX (HSI) is currently on bearish momentum. At 16:12 EST on Tuesday, 25 January, HANG SENG INDEX (HSI) is at 24,243.61, 1.67% down since the last session’s close.
HANG SENG INDEX Range
About HANG SENG INDEX’s daily highs and lows, it’s 1.33% down from its trailing 24 hours low of $24,570.90 and 2.23% down from its trailing 24 hours high of $24,795.50.
Regarding HANG SENG INDEX’s yearly highs and lows, it’s 6.96% up from its 52-week low and 22.25% down from its 52-week high.
HANG SENG INDEX’s last week, last month’s, and last quarter’s current intraday variation average was 1.18%, 0.39%, and 0.83%, respectively.
HANG SENG INDEX’s highest amplitude of average volatility was 1.18% (last week), 0.85% (last month), and 0.83% (last quarter), respectively.
Index Price Classification
According to the stochastic oscillator, a useful indicator of overbought and oversold conditions, HANG SENG INDEX’s is considered to be oversold (<=20).
News about S&P 500
- According to Bloomberg Quint on Sunday, 23 January, "Even after its recent outperformance, earnings-based valuations on the MSCI Emerging Markets Index are at a 40% discount to those on the S&P 500 Index, close to the largest since 2007, according to data compiled by Bloomberg."
- According to FXStreet on Monday, 24 January, "Against this backdrop, the US 10-year Treasury yields rose 1.8 basis points (bps) to 1.767%, after posting the first weekly decline in five, whereas the S&P 500 Futures rise 0.30% while licking the previous week’s wounds amid the mostly quiet session."
- According to Bloomberg Quint on Sunday, 23 January, "Although S&P 500 performance is often strong during a cycle of rate hikes, the unusually mild pullbacks experienced by the benchmark in 2021 could leave to bigger retreats this year.", "Since 1950, the S&P 500 has averaged an intra-year pullback of 17.1% in midterm years, according to LPL Financial. "
- According to The Wall Street Journal on Sunday, 23 January, "Selling also broadened to include sectors such as banking and energy, sending the S&P 500 to its worst stretch of declines since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic."
- According to The Wall Street Journal on Saturday, 22 January, "Overall, about a fifth of the S&P 500 and nearly half of the Dow Jones Industrial Average are expected to provide their quarterly updates during the week starting Monday, according to FactSet."
More news about HANG SENG INDEX (HSI).