(VIANEWS) – IBOVESPA (BVSP) is currently on bearish momentum. At 11:08 EST on Thursday, 21 October, IBOVESPA (BVSP) is at 108,751.24, 1.84% down since the last session’s close.
Concerning IBOVESPA’s daily highs and lows, it’s 1.29% down from its trailing 24 hours low of $110,176.00 and 2.92% down from its trailing 24 hours high of $112,023.00.
Regarding IBOVESPA’s yearly highs and lows, it’s 0.27% up from its 52-week low and 1.82% down from its 52-week high.
IBOVESPA’s last week, last month’s, and last quarter’s current volatility was a negative 0.55%, a negative 0.70%, and a positive 1.48%, respectively.
IBOVESPA’s current volatility rank, which measures how volatile a financial asset is (variation between the lowest and highest value in a period), was 1.24% (last week), 1.52% (last month), and 1.48% (last quarter), respectively.
Index Price Classification
According to the stochastic oscillator, a useful indicator of overbought and oversold conditions, IBOVESPA’s is considered to be overbought (>=80).
News about S&P 500
- According to FXStreet on Monday, 18 October, "On a weekly basis, the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.8% and 1.6%, respectively. "
- According to MarketWatch on Monday, 18 October, "The company is looking to go public at a time that the Renaissance IPO ETF has rallied 10.4% over the past three months while the S&P 500 has gained 3.3%."
- According to FXStreet on Monday, 18 October, "It is worth noting that, S&P 500 Futures are trading at 4,461, down 0.03% for the day."
- According to MarketWatch on Monday, 18 October, "On Friday after the release of stronger-than-forecast retail sales figures, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 382 points, or 1.09%, to 35295, the S&P 500 increased 33 points, or 0.75%, to 4471, and the Nasdaq Composite gained 74 points, or 0.5%, to 14897."
- According to Bloomberg Quint on Monday, 18 October, "That’s keeping the S&P 500 index within striking distance of last month’s record, even as supply and cost issues appear to be more persistent for both businesses and the consumer, they said.", "Though last week he gave some ground and pushed out out his prediction for a peak-to-trough decline of at least 10% for the S&P 500 from the fall to early next year."
More news about IBOVESPA (BVSP).