(VIANEWS) – A pause in USD/JPY is being caused by a weakening risk sentiment, and a recent rally in rates market. USD/JPY has fallen below the psychological barrier of 130. Credit Suisse analysts believe that the long-term trend remains positive.
USD/JPY (USDJPY) is currently on bearish momentum. At 04:08 EST on Friday, 29 April, USD/JPY (USDJPY) is at 129.8950, 0.72% down since the last session’s close.
USD/JPY (USDJPY) Range
Concerning USD/JPY’s daily highs and lows, it’s 0.677% down from its trailing 24 hours low of $130.78 and 0.807% down from its trailing 24 hours high of $130.95.
USD/JPY’s yearly highs and lows, it’s 19.888% up from its 52-week low and 1.011% down from its 52-week high.
USD/JPY’s last week, last month’s, and last quarter’s current intraday variation average was 0.45%, 0.29%, and 0.46%, respectively.
USD/JPY’s highest amplitude of average volatility was 0.78% (last week), 0.59% (last month), and 0.46% (last quarter), respectively.
Forex Price Classification
According to the stochastic oscillator, a useful indicator of overbought and oversold conditions, USD/JPY’s Forex is considered to be oversold (<=20).
Last news about USD/JPY (USDJPY)
- Usd/jpy price analysis: to reach 130.00 in the near-term as a bullish engulfing pattern looms. According to FXStreet on Wednesday, 27 April, “In the Asian session, the USD/JPY opened near Tuesday’s lows, around 127.20s, and slid towards 127.00 due to a dampened sentiment. “, “The USD/JPY bounces from Tuesday’s lows and rallies above the 128.00 mark, attributed to an upbeat market mood as US Treasury yields grind higher in the North American session. “
- Usd/jpy to see a lengthier consolidation phase beneath 130 – credit suisse. According to FXStreet on Wednesday, 27 April, “The deteriorating risk sentiment and recent rally in rates markets is leading to a pause in USD/JPY below the 130 psychological barrier. “
- Usd/jpy holds steady near 128.00 mark, focus shifts to boj decision on Thursday. According to FXStreet on Wednesday, 27 April, “The USD/JPY pair maintained its bid tone through the mid-European session and was last seen hovering near the daily high, just above the 128.00 round figure.”, “The combination of factors should provide a fresh impetus to the USD/JPY pair and assist investors to determine the next leg of a directional move.”
- Usd/jpy remains depressed below 128.00 mark, downside seems cushioned. According to FXStreet on Tuesday, 26 April, “This, along with modest uptick in the US Treasury bond yields, favour bulls and support prospects for the emergence of some dip-buying around the USD/JPY pair. “, “Apart from this, the broader market risk sentiment should provide some impetus to the USD/JPY pair.”
- Usd/jpy sticks to gains near daily high, around 128.00 mark amid sustained USD buying. According to FXStreet on Wednesday, 27 April, “The USD/JPY pair climbed to a fresh daily high during the early European session and is now looking to build on the momentum further beyond the 128.00 round-figure mark.”, “Apart from this, traders will take cues from broader market risk sentiment for short-term opportunities around the USD/JPY pair.”
More news about USD/JPY (USDJPY).