Paris Friday the 13th was of real terror and carnage. The terror attacks and shootings were not too far from where, just ten months and six days before, the Charlie Hebdo shooting took place. Back then, 12 lives were lost, but this Friday the death toll reached 300 people. Here are some of Paris terrorist attack facts in numbers:
- 1,500 military personnel deployed
- 8 suspected attackers have been neutralized
- 130 people died in all the Paris attacks that night
- 352 people injured
- 5 Police officers have been killed
- 6 different terror events took place in Paris
- 3 distinct attack groups
- 14 people died inside Le Petit Cambodge
- 89 people murdered at the Bataclan
- 4 attackers at the Bataclan
- The Bataclan attack took about 10 to 15 minutes
- 100 hostages rescued at the Bataclan
- 14 people died at the La Belle Équipe restaurant
- 3 attackers died at the Bataclan
- Latitude and Longitude exact places where the Paris attacks took place
- 1 suicide bomber
- 4 dead outside the Stade de France stadium
- 2 explosions outside the stadium were 2 minutes apart from each other
- 80000 people at the Stade de France heard the explosions
- 19 countries have had people killed by the terrorists
- Friday the 13th
According to the BBC news, about 1,500 military personnel are being deployed across the city and the Paris residents have been asked to stay home.
According to the Paris prosecutor, Francois Molins, 5 attackers have been killed. Later news reports confirmed the total attackers death toll to be 8.
So far and according to the last official reports, 130 people died in the attacks.
So far and according to the last official reports, more than 300 people have been injured during the attacks. 99 of those in “serious condition”.
5 Policemen have been killed during the Bataclan attack.
At least 6 different terror events (3 bombings and 3 shootings) took place in Paris. 3 bombs blasted around the stadium and shootings took place at 3 different locations (see below).
The Police identified 3 groups that were responsible for all the attacks that night.
14 people inside the Cambodian restaurant, Le Petit Cambodge, have been killed by the attackers. People reported the shooting started from the street, the restaurant’s glass windows shattered and people ducked for their life.
The worst terror location was at the Bataclan concert hall where 89 people died.
According to witness reports, 4 attackers with uncovered faces and weapon reloading coordinated (while one shooting, others were reloading) took the lives of 89 people inside the Bataclan.
The shootings inside the Bataclan lasted for about 10 to 15 minutes. Witnesses reported a bloodbath where the attackers kept firing people already wounded or death.
The Police brought out at least 100 hostages from inside the concert hall.
Inside the La Belle Équipe restaurant, at the Rue de Charonne, 14 people lost their lives.
3 attackers died at the Bataclan. According to the authorities, 1 of the attackers was killed by the SWAT team, and two others explode themselves up before being arrested. It’s still not clear what happened to an alleged fourth attacker who was reportedly seen by eyewitnesses earlier on.
1) Stade de France (Saint-Denis, France) (48.921272, 2.362821) Suicide bombing / bombs exploding
2) Le Petit Cambodge (Rue Alibert, 75010 Paris, France) (48.871788, 2.368197) Gun attack
3) Bataclan (Boulevard Voltaire, 75011 Paris, France) (48.862922, 2.370791) Gun attack
4) La Belle Équipe (Rue de Charonne, 75011 Paris, France) (48.853894, 2.381871) Gun attack
A direct intelligence source at the scene told CNN’s Deb Feyerick that one of the explosions at the Stade de France appears to be coming from a suicide bomber. According to that same source, a dismembered body was found at the scene which appears to be consistent with a suicide bombing event.
Gregory Goupil of the Alliance Police Nationale said there were at least 4 dead in the attacks outside the stadium, near the McDonalds restaurant area.
During the first half of the match, at around 9:16 p.m., the first explosion took place. Witnesses reported hearing a “short and crisp bang.” The spectators didn’t panic, and the match continued because people thought it was fireworks from team supporters. About 2 minutes later the second explosion was heard. The match went through to the end where France beat the German team by 2-0.”
When the France-Germany match reached the 16 minute mark, the Stade de France 80000 spectators heard the first explosion outside the stadium. 2 minutes later, another one blew off. The match spectators came onto the pitch after full-time and waited about 1 hour for the police to safely escort them out.
19 different countries have been victims of the Paris massacre.
2 bombs exploded and men with ak-47s seeded the terror in the French capital